Five quick things that I believe to be essential to good social media.
1. Treat everyone online as you would offline.
If you wouldn’t say something to their face, don’t write it. If you wouldn’t want your Mum to read it, don’t write it.
2. Stay away from anything remotely controversial.
And preferably, political.
3. Don’t ever use Social Media to sell.
People will turn off. Instead think of it as a branch of PR… your best foot forward. Bring value to others.
4. The small things make the biggest difference.
You are throwing away time and money if you underestimate this. That one little spelling mistake could well cost you 5 potential conversions.
5. Take time to form a social media strategy and policy…
Even if it is not incredibly detailed. You will rarely get where you want to be if you don’t plan where you are going.